Entertainment Industry Events Expert List
These are all people I’ve worked with or vetted. That said, you must do due diligence on everyone you choose to work with to produce, release, and market your work.
Employment Services (Combined Payroll & Workers Comp)
Elite Placement Group: Producers can work with Elite to legally pay those working for them on and off set, and ensures they are covered by workers compensation. Great to work with on low budget shoots and documentaries. I strongly urge producers not to allow people to work on their projects for free or hire them under the table.
- Paul S. Levine: Literary Agent (Books Only) / Entertainment Attorney / Book Licensing for Film Expert / Exceptional Expertise in Graphic Novels & Comic Books
- Marc Pariser: Literary Agent formerly with CAA, ICM, William Morris, etc. Now consults with and mentors writers, actors, and others to help them find and work well with exactly the right representation.
Lawyers: Company Formation, Securities/Investment, Tax Law, Entertainment Law
- Justin Sterling : Entertainment Attorney, Contract Disputes, etc.
- Ilyssa Goodman: Film Distribution Strategist / Name Cast Advisor / Executive Producer
- Wendy Kram: Producer/Consultant specializing in building and packaging projects for television.
- Christina Jo’Leigh : Line Producer who can help you correctly approach cast
- Shara Lerman : Entertainment Law & Securities Law (PPMs).
- Centaurus : Fixed Price PPM & Legal Advice
- John W Cones: Entertainment Attorney
- Blake and Wang Film & TV Legal: Entertainment Attorney
- Lawrence Danny: CPA & Former IRS Agent
- California Lawyers for the Arts: Lawyers who help Filmmakers, Actors, Writers, Screenwriters, etc.
Pitching, Funding, Casting, Producing Advice & Support for Producers
- Franco Sama: Executive producer who helps people package, finance, produce, and release movies. IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2770874/
- Steve Sirkis: Steve began his career as an attorney in New York working in financial law. While he no longer practices as an attorney, his background allows him to structure and advise on legal and financial aspects of a feature film, from inception and funding to production and distribution. Steve is currently the Chief Operating Officer at More Productions.
- Beyond Reality Entertainment: Ed Lavelle and Martin Soole, co-founders Beyond Reality Entertainment, have an extensive background in developing and producing reality entertainment and documentary series for leading distributors.
Budgeting, Packaging, Production, Rights Sales & Distribution Advice & Support
- Christina Jo’Leigh : Expert Line Producer & Production Advisor:
- Patrick G. Ingram: Expert Executive Producer for Funding, Casting, Production & Distribution
- Steve Sirikis: Executive Producer & Chief Operating Officer at MoreProd. (PPM)
- Steve Miller: Film Marketing & Deliverables Advisor
- Jonathan Harris: Ghost Writer & Script Doctor
- WeScreenplay: Great Screenplay Coverage that is Cost Effective and Provides Bios on Each Reviewer
- FilmFundingLA: Personal & Corporate Credit Services & SBA Loans to Purchase Production & Post Production Facilities (occasionally sponsors events)
- RightsTrade: Sell Your Film or TV Episodes in 170+ Countries
- Distribber.com: Sell Your Film to Hulu, Netflix, Cable Pay Per View, etc.
Film Analytics & Forecast Services
- Ilyssa Goodman: Distribution Strategist Can Create Forecasts and Act as Sales Agent and Advise on Bankable Cast
- NashInfoServices.com / The-Numbers.com: Film analytics
- Slated.com offers a film analytics service as part of it’s equity investment platform for film producers.
- Rentrak.com Insights – Rentrak tracks all theatrical releases nationwide down to the theater a given movie plays in and how much they earn. They have an interesting iPhone App you can use to see theatrical revenue of films associated with specific movie stars. This can give you and indication of their value to your project. Remember you can buy a used iPhone for $50 and just use it oi wi-fi mode.
- DVD Sales: http://www.the-numbers.com/weekly-dvd-sales-chart
- VOD Sales: http://www.reportlinker.com
- www.FracturedAtlasInsurance.org Cost Effective E & O insurance, Workers Comp, General Liability, etc (minimum required for SAG casting) Suitable for Filmmakers producing Low Budget & Ultra Low Budget Projects, Working Writers, Screenwriters, Event/Play Producers, etc.
- www.EventHelper.com Offers liability insurance you can use to rent locations.
- Rowin Insurance Offering full production insurance which covers everything from delays caused by bad weather, illness or death of key actor or crew, as well as completion bonds.