These are all people I’ve worked with or vetted. That said, you must do due diligence on everyone you choose to work with to produce, release, and market your work.
Employment Services (Combined Payroll & Workers Comp)
Elite Placement Group: Producers can work with Elite to legally pay those working for them on and off set. Great for low budget shoots and documentaries.
Lawyers: Company Formation, Securities/Investment, Tax Law, Entertainment Law
- Ilyssa Goodman : Distribution Strategist / Name Cast Advisor / Executive Producer
- Christina Jo’Leigh : Line Producer who can help you correctly approach cast
- Justin Sterling : Entertainment Lawyer
- Shara Lerman : Entertainment Law & Securities Law (PPMs)
- Centaurus : Fixed Price PPM & Legal Advice
- John W Cones: Entertainment Attorney
- Blake and Wang Film & TV Legal: Entertainment Attorney
- Lawrence Danny: CPA & Former IRS Agent
- California Lawyers for the Arts: Lawyers who help Filmmakers, Actors, Writers, Screenwriters, etc.
Development, Production & Rights Sales Support
- Christina Jo’Leigh : Expert Line Producer & Production Advisor:
- Patrick G. Ingram: Expert Executive Producer for Funding, Casting, Production & Distribution
- Steve Sirikis: Executive Producer & Chief Operating Officer at MoreProd. (PPM)
- Steve Miller: Film Marketing & Deliverables Advisor
- Jonathan Harris: Ghost Writer & Script Doctor
- WeScreenplay: Great Screenplay Coverage that is Cost Effective and Provides Bios on Each Reviewer
- FilmFundingLA: Personal & Corporate Credit Services & SBA Loans to Purchase Production & Post Production Facilities (occasionally sponsors events)
- RightsTrade: Sell Your Film or TV Episodes in 170+ Countries
- Distribber.com: Sell Your Film to Hulu, Netflix, Cable Pay Per View, etc.
Film Analytics & Forecast Services
- Ilyssa Goodman: Distribution Strategist Can Create Forecasts and Act as Sales Agent and Advise on Bankable Cast
- NashInfoServices.com / The-Numbers.com: Film analytics
- Slated.com offers a film analytics service as part of it’s equity investment platform for film producers.
- Rentrak.com Insights – Rentrak tracks all theatrical releases nationwide down to the theater a given movie plays in and how much they earn. They have an interesting iPhone App you can use to see theatrical revenue of films associated with specific movie stars. This can give you and indication of their value to your project. Remember you can buy a used iPhone for $50 and just use it oi wi-fi mode.
- DVD Sales: http://www.the-numbers.com/weekly-dvd-sales-chart
- VOD Sales: http://www.reportlinker.com
- www.FracturedAtlas.com Cost Effective E & O insurance, Workers Comp, General Liability, etc (minimum required for SAG casting) Suitable for Low Budget & Ultra Low Budget Projects
- www.EventHelper.com Offers liability insurance you can use to rent locations.
- Rowin Insurance Offering full production insurance which covers everything from delays caused by bad weather, illness or death of key actor or crew, as well as completion bonds.