Josh Randall, a leading immersive theater producer, will speak to an audience of producers, writers, and actors at an upcoming entertainment industry event hosted by Writer/Producer Nancy Fulton who currently hosts events for more than 25K. Anyone wishing to attend this free event should register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/c0876180579816bacde7dc3c8da9331e
Josh Randall is a Creative Director and Live Event Producer based in Los Angeles. Best known as the founder of the popular immersive horror experience, BLACKOUT, Josh has also created experiences for Universal Pictures, Blumhouse Productions, Focus Features, Crypt TV, the DJ Skrillex, the band Queens of the Stone Age, and the Emmy Award winning virtual reality company Secret Location in Toronto. Having created and produced more than 30 live experiences in NYC, Josh has also worked in the administrative offices of the New York City Opera, the Public Theater’s Summer Play Festival, Second Stage Theater, and Manhattan Theater Club. Other positions include 7 years as the head of Stage Management and Programming for the New York Times Travel Show at the Jacob Javits Convention Center; Director of Programming for the Creative Alliance Group; and Producing Artistic Director for the Drama Desk-nominated Vortex Theater. Graduate of New York University, Tisch School of the Arts.
Topics addressed in this presentation will include:
- The inspiration, development, and launch of BLACKOUT, a “Haunted House” that has received press coverage worldwide and has a fan base that follows it from location to location.
- Why Immersive Interactive Theatrical Experiences represent a unique creative frontier for Audiences, Producers, Cast and Crew.
- The Unusual Considerations that go into creating an immersive experience.
- Precautions that must be in place to ensure guests aren’t hurt in theatrical environments
- Intellectual Property Right issues involved in protecting immersive theater
- Insuring, Funding, and Marketing interactive theatrical experiences.
Anyone wishing to attend this free event should register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/c0876180579816bacde7dc3c8da9331e.
About Nancy Fulton
Nancy Fulton has been writing, producing, and publishing profitably for more than 20 years. She enjoys teaching and has taught for UCLA, the Art Institute & School for Creative Startups in the UK. She offers face-to-face and online events to 25,000+ writers, producers, performers, media app developers, and other creative entrepreneurs every month. You can learn more about Nancy at www.LinkedIn.com/in/NancyFulton and www.EntertainmentIndustryEvents.com.