FREE TODAY: HOW TO SELL YOUR CREATIVE WORK (Recorded Workshop & Workbook)
Dozens of free tools and resources that will help you instantly earn more from your work as a writer, screenwriter, producer, performer, designer or other creative pro. Click here to get this recorded workshop and workbook: https://gumroad.com/l/AGiA/rxljle3.
FREE TODAY: Using Social Media Posts to Build Your Career & Sell Your Creative Work (Recorded Workshop & Workbook)
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn are in constant contact with millions of people every day. The people you need to meet in order to advance your career are on these platforms. But in order to meet them, the content you create and post has to send the right message and in order for that contact to serve you, it has to trigger the right reaction. Click to get this recorded workshop and workbook now at https://gumroad.com/l/QxZwJ/kdfo3h7
FREE TODAY: HOW TO USE LINKED IN TO PITCH ALMOST ANYONE (Recorded Workshop & Lecture Notes)
LinkedIn is the world’s leading sales tool. It is, by far, the solution most widely used by successful producers, studio executives, investors, agents, and anyone else who has to actively build deals inside or outside the entertainment industry. Learn how to use LinkedIn correctly as a creative pro. Create a profile that makes you easy to find and accurately showcases your credits and your skills rather than just the names of past employers. Get this workshop free now at: https://gumroad.com/l/SbGl/sup6dhr
FREE TODAY: COVID-19 RISKS AND LIABILITIES FOR FILM/TV PRODUCERS, CAST, CREW, LED BY ATTORNEY / LITIGATOR JUSTIN STERLING: This is a key workshop if you are producing a project in the new COVID-19 era, or will be working as cast or crew on those projects. It covers insurance, hygiene, employment, new contract requirements, etc. It is a must-have resource for entertainment industry pros. https://gumroad.com/l/elglG/mfre20.
UPCOMING LIVE EVENTS
All the live online workshops below are free to VIP/PRO members. To become one, sign up at https://gumroad.com/l/dUzqTK/VID0nly for $10/month or pay $20/month in July. In addition to the live workshops we run every month, you’ll get access to 200+ hours of training along with the live events. You can cancel at any time. Your membership includes dozens of in-depth videos, workbooks, and expert interviews covering film development, production, funding, and distribution, including information on producing in the Covid-19 era. We add new resources all the time.
- July 7 @ 7pm: Creating Your Own Netflix-like Video-on-Demand or Video Subscription Service very cost effectively in just a matter of days. If you have video to sell and are tired of looking for a distributor, trying to navigate the complex ways of Amazon, there are several services you can use to sell your content, and the content of others, very quickly and cost effectively. Instead of looking for a distributor, you can become one. We will discuss a variety of services, some of which distribute to computers, tablets, and phones, and some which get your videos on to smart TV’s like Roku, AppleTV, etc.
- July 14 @ 7pm: Writing better books, stories, pitches, reports and other content using very cost effective Grammar & Writing Analysis applications. These tools make it possible for you to make your rough draft much closer to your final draft without paying editors thousands of dollars every year. They let you write both faster and better which is key to earning more from your work as a writer, producer, public speaker, advisor, etc.
- July 21 @ 7pm: The Art & Science of Setting up a Patreon Page. Successful creative pros earn a good living by creating a stream of content over a period of years for an audience that loves them. Netflix, Amazon, Broadway Theaters, and Podcasts are all sustained by subscription sales. Patreon allows you to collect donations and subscription payments from people who love your work, and setting up a page takes almost no time at all.
- July 28: Radio & Podcast Interview Primer. How to get radio and podcast interviews, how to ensure your interview is great, and how to make sure you grow your audience and sell your work effectively through them.
Pay $10/month now or pay $20/month in July to become a VIP/Pro Subscriber. Membership includes these live events and FREE access to our extensive library of Workbooks and Videos for creative pros, as well as free and deeply discounted access to live events. To sign up go to https://gumroad.com/l/dUzqTK/VID0nly
UPCOMING LIVE ONLINE EVENTS
SAVE MONEY! Get many upcoming live events free and get very effective training and support for your work as a filmmaker, author, screenwriter, performer, expert speaker or creative professional. Sign up here https://gumroad.com/l/dUzqTK/VID0nly
FINANCIAL RESOURCES FOR STRUGGLING CREATIVES
If you are a creative pro struggling financially, you are not alone. Whether you have lost your job or just lost hours, you can get help. Even gig workers (Uber, etc) and entirely freelance folks can apply for unemployment benefits now. There’s no reason not to get the support you need. Check out https://blog.freelancersunion.org/2020/03/30/what-the-cares-act-means-for-freelancers/
To apply go to https://www.edd.ca.gov/unemployment/filing_a_claim.htm
If you or your family have health care issues that aren’t being addressed, and now you can’t afford health insurance, go to https://www.healthforcalifornia.com/covered-california?gclid=eaiaiqobchmiq6izsfz56aivmlfsch0nla6zeaayasaaegit0_d_bwe
These programs even cover diabetes, cancer, and other serious illnesses entirely free. If you have no income you can be covered by Medi-Cal which UCLA, Cedars, City of Hope, and other leading institutions take.
Many newly unemployed folks who can’t afford food can stop paying rent in Los Angeles Santa Monica and many other cities. Google your city name and “rent relief”.
Those with mortgages can get Mortgage forbearance (https://www.gov.ca.gov/2020/03/25/governor-gavin-newsom-announces-major-financial-relief-package-90-day-mortgage-payment-relief-during-covid-19-crisis/) for 90 days or more from their bank. Some are offering to put the missed payments at the end of the loan.
We’ll get through this together . . .
- David Willis Producer / Director / Writer at United States Motion Picture Company – Nancy is an endless cornucopia of knowledge of the film industry. In a space where there is so much incorrect information, she is a great source of real and practical knowledge. Whether you’re brand new to the biz or just looking to brush up on a particular subject — she’s your gal!
- Veleka Gray Actor / Screenwriter / Instructor — I’ve been signing up for Nancy’s Webinars for several years now, and she consistently offers outstanding content and value. If you want a straight shooter to give you the facts on almost anyaspect of show business, Nancy is your woman. I’m so happy I found such a great advisor!
- Mark Hackman Veteran; Speaker; Start-Up/Business Advisor; Success Coach; Direct Sales & Network Marketing Consultant — I had the extraordinary opportunity to work very closely with Nancy for over 2 years, and during that time formed some very strongly held opinions about her and how she presents herself to the world….as a team member, as an entrepreneur, and as a human being. A list of attributes that comes to mind immediately includes brilliant, articulate, decisive, relentless, direct and outspoken with a refreshing sense of humor. Nancy’s passion for creativity and breaking new ground reveals itself in everything she does, and her unwillingness to compromise on even the smallest detail speaks to her commitment to her integrity and long-term vision for creating value in everything she does. As the “point person” of an exceptionally vibrant and talented team of Business Advisors and Mentors, Nancy leads by example, unflinchingly takes responsibility for the results of her team, and assures a working environment that encourages free thinking and unabashed creativity. In summary, Nancy’s strength of character, in combination with her extraordinary skill-sets and commitment to excellence, make her a prime candidate for any team or project that seeks nothing short of absolute success.
- Jeff Bordeaux Helping People Ditch The “Too Cheap To Be Smart” Mentality @ Feedonomics Nancy was very fun and cool to work with as a producer. Always smiling, her infectious attitude sent waves across the room. She was also very fair and treated everyone she came across withrespect.
- Deborah Hadfield Film Writer/Director Nancy is one of the most intelligent and hard working people Ihave ever had the pleasure to work with. As a producer she isincredibly creative about how to get the job done and produceteh most impressive results. Naturally talented people gravitate to Nancy…
- Tatjana Torkel (BIG LION 3000+) Success and Goal orientated Entrepreneur and Developer. Nancy is a very self-confident and knowledgeable film producer. She has been helping me with editing my Film Script Winner ofEvolution. Nice to work with and delivers on time.
- Garry Hargreaves Online Learning Specialist at VET. Nancy Fulton first developed an intensive and totally customised 3D Modelling and Animation training program for me in late 1992 – pre Web. I travelled from Australia to Santa Monica for the program as she was the most knowledgeable and preeminent instructor I could find on the topic. Nancy has to be one of the most intelligent, professional and gifted writer/instructors I had the pleasure of meeting. Given her skills set the move to film production, screenwriting is obvious one. I have no hesitation in recommending Nancy and you would be well advised to meet and talk with her.
- Mike Williams, M.F.A.Senior Asset Artist at The Third Floor Nancy is a great Instructor and a great Colleague. She helped meget into UCLA as an Instructor. Her knowlege of the software andmaterial is second to none. I have neard nothing but greatcomments about her traching and her classes.
- Christopher Ruiz National Construction Manager at American Technologies, Inc. Brilliant writer who knows the importance of story. I’ve worked with her in the Entertainment Industry and her professionalismand knowledge is astounding. She is a highly talented Director/Writer/ Producer who I would recommend, if you get the chance,to work with. Top notch.
About Nancy Fulton: Nancy Fulton is a writer/producer and serial entrepreneur who has been profitably creating and selling content for more than twenty years. She’s taught for UCLA, the Art Institute, Autodesk, and International Entrepreneur training programs. Her work can be found on Amazon and on sites worldwide. For more information, visit www.linkedin.com/in/nancyfulton.